[prog] database schema

Wolf Rising wolfrising at gmail.com
Fri Jun 3 10:07:32 EST 2005

Hi,

I'm trying to create a database to track the laptops/powerbooks that
are in rotation to employees. From what I've read in order for this
to be set up correctly, I need to get the database to third normal form.
This is the first time I've really had to work with something like this,
below is the database design I've come up with, would anyone be
able to tell me if what I've got is acceptable or even close to being
in third normal form? The idea is to track the computer, the user,
have the tech record any info about the machine, and the basic
info for each computer model. Any help would be much appreciated...

As always,
Thanks!!

User
User ID                 int                        PK
firstName            varchar
lastName            varchar
Location             varchar

Tech
tectID                    int                         PK
techName           enum
Location              varchar

Notes
noteID                   int                        PK
techID                   int
note                       text
timeStamp           timestamp
created                 timestamp           PK

Machine:
machineID 	          int                 PK
serialNumber		varchar
type				enum('Mac','PC')
osVersion			varchar
modelNumberBattery  varchar
serialNumberBattery   varchar
macAddressWire          varchar
macAddressWifi           varchar

Machine Assigned
userID                   int   PK
techID                    int PK
issueDate             date
returnDate           date

Applications
appID                    int   PK
appName            varchar
company              varchar

Installed Apps
machineID             int                PK
appID                      int                PK
userInstalled         enum
date                         date