[prog] C programming - capturing information sent to stdout

Kathryn Hogg kjh at flyballdogs.com
Fri Jul 15 12:36:32 EST 2005

Mary said:
> You can see that it didn't print the line after the assert. (It also
> doesn't do a core dump, I don't remember enough about gcc/C to know how
> to reliably get core dumps.)

Your ulimit may be set to disable core dumps.

run "ulimit -a" or "ulimit -c" to see your maximum core file size:

$ ulimit -c 0   # disables core dumps
$ ./testme      # or whatever your sample program is.
testme: testme.c:6: main: Assertion `1 == 0' failed.
Aborted
$ ulimit -c unlimited
$ ./testme
testme: testme.c:6: main: Assertion `1 == 0' failed.
Aborted (core dumped)

--
Kathryn
http://womensfooty.com