[prog] C programming - capturing information sent to stdout

Sue Stones suzo at spin.net.au
Fri Jul 15 10:58:59 EST 2005

Despite what people have said about assert resulting in a core dump and
program death, I have found that it does neither.  It prints an error
message, and perhaps leaves the function, but the program still runs.  I
wasn't entirely surprised because I had read that somewhere on the net
while I was trying to understand this yesterday.  Is this a difference
in compilers?  Could it be a difference between C and C++?

sue