[prog] On the fly graphs with php

Conor Daly conor.daly-linuxchix at cod.homelinux.org
Fri Jul 15 08:23:15 EST 2005

On Thu, Jul 14, 2005 at 04:33:07PM -0400 or so it is rumoured hereabouts,
Clifford Crawford thought:

> Ok, I think I understand now what the problem is, you have too many
> parameters to be passing to the script in the url.  You could try
> either using a session variable, or serialize()/unserialize() and
> cookies, on an array containing all of the parameters to pass the
> data in to chart.php (probably the session variable would be easier
> if you have so many datapoints).  I.e. in the calling script do this:
>
> <?PHP
> session_start();
> $_SESSION["datapoints"] = array(...); ?>

I presume, having already loaded the array as data returns from the DB, I
should do:

$_SESSION["datapoints"] = array_vals($array1);

To transfer the array.  Or can I just do

sessionregister($array1);

instead?

> (I think that should work, but I typed that from memory, so you
> should probably check the session handling section of the PHP manual
> to be sure...)

I'm already using session stuff to handle authentication, so I should have
been thinking about such stuff.  Will check out in the morning...

Thanks,

Conor

Domestic Sysadmin :-)