[prog] C programming - capturing information sent to stdout

Sue Stones suzo at spin.net.au
Tue Jul 12 14:20:29 EST 2005

I am trying to work out how to capture data sent to stdout for use
elsewhere in the program.

Using libcurl I query a webpage, HTML code is returned and sent to
stdout.  But I need to somehow capture this output and processes it to
retrieve the data that I need.  What is the best way to do this?  So far
I haven't found anything that works, but its some years since I did any
C programming and I am a little rusty.  Any help would be most useful.

sue