[prog] bulk re-naming of files

Wolf Rising wolfrising at gmail.com
Thu Jan 27 10:11:42 EST 2005

Hi,
Thank you for responding, I don't know anything about Ruby :-)
Actually I don't know much
about perl, so if it would be possible to run php from the command
line to do the
conversion I would think I might understand that the best. I ran the
mysql select
command and copied that information into a txt file. I would guess the
steps might go
something to the effect of:
tell the script about the data file
declare p_code, s_code, and file name as variables
ask it to read from the data file
and when certain conditions are met, change the name of the file?
I'm not very good at programming :-) Actually, not very good is an
understatement :-)