[prog] undefined reference to itoa

Aslı gosalyn at gmail.com
Sat Dec 17 23:36:12 EST 2005

hi everyone,
i have quite an incomprehensible problem. I am writing some kind of an
authentication application between servers and clients using socket APIs.
This is the part of my code that drove me crazy:

char error_message[MAX_ERROR] ="Name not registered";

                            itoa(strlen(error_message),error_len,10);

 i compiled the file with gcc  (gcc file_s.c -o file_s) and got the message:

In function `main':
: undefined reference to `itoa'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

which seems to be a linker error. I was quite sure that "itoa" is in stdlib,
and i include stdlib in my code.

I'd be glad if you have any ideas..

Thanks in advance,
aslı