[prog] Python module(s) to calculate diffs and apply patches

Yaroslav Fedevych jaroslaw at linux.org.ua
Mon Apr 11 19:40:49 EST 2005

Hello all,

I would be extremely glad if someone pointed me to modules which provide
such functionality (at least with a function that, given two strings,
returns a string with differences the way diff(1) does, but does not
rely on external diff program, and  another which would apply such a
patch to a string and return  the result; if there would be means of
applying multiple patches and reporting conflicts (think CVS), that
would be extremely handy).

I'm temporarily short of Web, so your help would be  appreciated very
much. Names are enough (maybe some keywords, I'll then let Google do the
job). I also think that I'll manage to grok the usage as well, as there
is dir(), help(),  and __doc__.

Thanks a lot for your attention.

--
Перша річ, котрої навчається початкуючий користувач Windows --
встановлення системи. Потім він рідко займається чимось