[prog] MIF data base program?

ed orphan millward at Ms.UManitoba.CA
Wed Apr 6 00:51:35 EST 2005

I was just reading about the Desktop Management Interface
and got an idea for a program I'd like to do. According
to what I read, DMI can be used to access the MIF data base
which holds a list of device drivers for the system and data
on how to configure those drivers. Is there a way to write
a program that will do the same by using DMI or otherwise?
My OS is Linux and my language is C.
( I bet somebody else has already written something like
this, but I'd like to know how to do one of my own ).