[prog] C++: storing objects of different type in a std::map

Riccarda Cassini riccarda.cassini at gmx.de
Sat Sep 25 14:31:49 EST 2004

On Thu, Sep 23, 2004 at 02:35:19PM -0400, John Stoneham wrote:

> Meyer's books are well regarded, but they are largely 'tips and tricks'-style
> books. As far as the C++ desk reference you'll eventually wear out, get
> Stroustrup's "The C++ Programming Language" and Josuttis' "The C++ Standard
> Library." Stroustrup of course designed the language. His book goes through
> every language construct in amazing detail. (...)

I went to our library at work and got myself so many C++ books that my
boss couldn't resist making silly remarks, when he saw them piling up
on my desk ;-)   Looks like I've got enough to work my way through for
the time being.

Thanks everyone for the tips, I'll keep them in the back of my mind for
deciding what to actually read, and in what order...

Riccarda