[prog] Certainly not logic

Jacinta Richardson jarich at perltraining.com.au
Wed Oct 27 00:29:12 EST 2004

G'day,

In my browsing today, I came across the following article and I thought
you might be interested.

http://i4031.net/article/2003/08/badcode.pH

It's written by someone who's company requires solutions to various code
problems with your resume when hiring.  He points out some shocking code
he's seen along the way for example:

* Disclaimer: This source code has NOT been compiled.
*             I would estimate a couple more hours of development to
*             eliminate any typos and other compile time errors.
*             Then the fun starts.
*/

As it says:

    This code is supposed to be an example of peoples' best code; this
    is their first impression, and metaphorically, most people are barely
    bothering to shower and dress, much less put on a suit. There is no
    time limit for writing it; they can do it on their own time and send
    it in with their résumé. I shudder to think what some of them would
    write in the usual frenetic pace of real world work.

It's a good read.

All the best,

     Jacinta

--
    ("`-''-/").___..--''"`-._          |  Jacinta Richardson         |
     `6_ 6  )   `-.  (     ).`-.__.`)  |  Perl Training Australia    |