[prog] Calling a perl program from within PHP

Gareth Anderson somecsstudent at gmail.com
Sat Nov 13 15:30:38 EST 2004

Hi everyone,

Sorry for asking so many questions, but I'm confused with this.

I've got it so that I have a PHP wrapper to my perl function, it works
fine on my server (which is a tempory server on my computer that I'm
using to test), excluding that fact that it can't find the variables
passed to it from the form...

Without bugging you all with code (attached if your curious), is there
any reason why I couldn't use say where I have an text input in html.
name = "full_name"

And in php can I do $full_name or HTTP_GET_VARS[]

Is there a reason why I wouldn't be able to do this?

Just messing with the server I downloaded, I think it might be pear or
something with apache 2.0 I can't do it at all.

While on my virtual server at uni I can do it fine....

Just curious as if anyone knew as to why?

I've attached code just in case someone wants to see...(it works on a
real server, so maybe its just this tempory server I'm using that
doesn't work).

Regards.
Gareth