[prog] curses forms free_field

Karine Proot kproot at nerim.net
Thu May 20 10:12:25 EST 2004

On Tue, 2004-05-18 at 04:31, ed orphan wrote:
> [...]
>  valgrind -v --leak-check=yes --show-reachable=yes px4
> The result looks questionable:
>     definitely lost:  0 bytes in 0 blocks
>    possibley lost:  0 bytes in 0 blocks
>    still reachable  35912 bytes in 158 blocks
>       suppressed:  0 bytes in 0 blocks
> What's this "still reachable" stuff about?  Does it
> mean some memory has not been returned to
> the heap properly?   Does anybody know?
> I don't want any memory leaks, even if they
> seem small.

These are not memory leaks (which would appear in definitely or possibly
lost). These are memory not freed, but you still have the opportunity to
do it when the application exits (which means there are still pointers
available for this unfreed memory).

Karine
(reading all your curses posts carefully as I also work with it :))