[prog] Octave plotting points

Sue Stones suzo at spin.net.au
Sat May 15 21:14:39 EST 2004

It seems to be impossible, but does anyone know how to plot points in Octave
(or Matlab I don't care which).  I want to plot a point (3, 4) as x=3 and
y=4.  I don't want to plot 3 against its poisition in the vector (ie 1) and 4
against its position in the vector (ie 2) .  I DON'T want it to interpre it
as a line from (1,3) to (2, 4).  I want to plot simple points.

The help and tutorial don't mention how to do this, I have been searching the
web for 2 days trying to find out how to do it, but can't even find it
mentioned.  I have posted questions on the Octave-help list and got no
answers.

Is it really too simple for people to want to do.  I don't believe it.  As you
can see I am very frustrated.  Can anyone help?

sue