[prog] printing a linked-list

Wolfgang Petzold petzold at villa-chaos.de
Mon Mar 15 10:11:33 EST 2004

Hi!

ed orphan wrote:

> I want it to print the linked list out, with a space
> between each linked list's data, and a one line
> header for each page of print, e.g.
>  date  ddmmyyyy   program name    page number
> The paper is standard letter size, that is 60 lines
> per page.

Perhaps you might want to consider pr(1) (from the GNU textutils). Just
try "info pr" or "man pr". It does exactly the job of paginating text
files for printing, so you can focus on the content of your text file.
Printing would then be something like

system("pr [options] <file> | lpr [options]")

Cheers
Wolfgang