[prog] gdb debug file input, Linux, C

Sue Stones suzo at spin.net.au
Sun Jun 20 00:45:46 EST 2004

On Thursday 17 Jun 2004 11:48 pm, ed orphan wrote:
> This is a Linux C question.
> Is there a way to observe the contents of
> a file as it is being created? For example,

I think that the problem is that there is a pointer that indicates where you
are up to in the file. Reading from the file move the pointer, meaning that
you don'tknow where you were up to in writing to the file.  So you ned to
look to see if you can set up two of the relevent pointers to the file.  It
should be possible.  Sorry I can't be more specific.

sue