[prog] Fortran portability on linux

Sherryl Manalo sm at antitachyon.com
Mon Jun 7 19:04:06 EST 2004

Shirrell wrote:
> A customer has now reported that the module does not run and that the
> problem seems
> to be an incompatibility with glibc 2.3 .   With static linking that
> should not happen.

Reminds me of the problem I had with a statically compiled bash 2.0b on
a glibc 2.2.5 System. In a chrooted environment with
glibc 2.3.2 it should work (ldd showed that it was static and didn't
output any libs), but it kept giving me segmentation faults.

The reason could be calls to libs in the program itself with dlopen.
When compiled statically you don't have any dynamic libs the program
links to, but the program still calls the library as argument of dlopen
at runtime.

Sherryl Manalo

--
    antitachyon - Manalo & Willner OEG