[prog] Reading data file

dominik.schramm at gmxpro.net dominik.schramm at gmxpro.net
Sat Jan 24 03:29:06 EST 2004

"Daniel." <cristofd at hevanet.com> writes:

>>Ahem, the correct syntax is:
>>REPLIEDFLAG=$((($MSGFLAGS & 16) / 16))
>
> That is _a_ correct way to do it, yes. If there's anything actually
> wrong with the way I gave, please explain what.
> -Daniel.

You are right. I am sorry, there are indeed these two ways:
  let REPLIEDFLAF=...
and
  REPLIEDFLAG=$((...))

In both cases there must be no spaces around the "=".
I actually didn't realize "let" was part of the syntax,
probably because I didn't even know "let".
I just tried your example (with my own variables) and it
gave me an error.

Sorry.
dominik

--
Dominik Schramm <dominik.schramm at gmxpro.net>
pgp key available via e-mail, web, and FTP from