[prog] lex and yacc

James Sutherland jas at spamcop.net
Thu Jan 22 16:06:35 EST 2004

On Thu, 22 Jan 2004 07:03:11 -0800, Daniel. <cristofd at hevanet.com> wrote:

>>> BTW you should really sent you replies to the list not to me
>>> personally.  (One easy  way to do this is to hit reply all thater than
>>> just reply).
>>
>> This has an unpleasant side effect, which I do not like very much:
>> someone will get 2 mails instead of one.
>
> You could hit "reply all" and then delete the individual person's mail
> from the "To:" list before sending.

I think the list management software (MailMan) was upgraded to avoid this?
(If you e-mail a subscriber AND the list, it skips sending to that
subscriber
on the basis they've already received a direct copy.)

This behaviour may be optional, but presumably those who complain about
getting multiple copies can be expected to enable this feature for
themselves...

James.