[prog] lex and yacc

Sue Stones suzo at spin.net.au
Fri Jan 23 01:10:10 EST 2004

On Thu, 22 Jan 2004 09:57 pm, Yaroslav Fedevych wrote:
> BTW, what's the programming language you're writing? I like to collect
> information about rare programming languages and am fond of coding in
> them (assembly is my favorite).

It is a language from a "Theory of Computing" text book by Brookshear.  the
language consist on incr, decr, while name <> do end; alphanumeric variable
names and integers.  Integers are the only type of variable so no type
checking is required.

statements include:
	incr name;
	decr name;
	while name <> 0 do;
		.
		.
	end;

Brookshear then allowe the language to be extended by
	clear name;
	name1 <- name2

This language is capable of doing everything that a turing machine can do.
Though it isn't intended to be a programming language for use, just to make a
point about theory.
If you like assembler you should like this one.  If I ever get this compiler
working you can have a copy if you like!

sue