[prog] lex and yacc

Diggy Bell diggy at dbsoftdev.com
Thu Jan 22 03:55:53 EST 2004

Hey Sue,

I don't have much to offer you in terms of experience with lex/yacc, but I
do just happen to have the O'Reilly book sitting on my shelf.  If you don't
have it already, you mgiht want to consider adding that one.

Basically, lex and yacc let you define the language grammar.  After you have
defined everything, you generate C source files that implement the necessary
C code to parse your language grammar.  I haven't actually used it yet, but
I'm looking at project where I would need to develop a SQL interface for
PalmOS databases.  I'm thinking lex/yacc might make that job a little
easier.

Sorry I couldn't help more than recommend a book, but it's written well
enough to sink into my think skull a little bit!

William D. 'Diggy' Bell
Principal
DB Software Development
http://www.dbsoftdev.com