[prog] Book Recommendation for OOP Design

Rasjid Wilcox rasjidw at openminddev.net
Fri Jan 9 00:15:48 EST 2004

On Thursday 08 January 2004 00:50, etb wrote:
> Hi Everyone,
>
>    My little parser class based on regular expressions did not work
> out as well as I had hoped so I am re-evaluating it and I would very
> much like to make it more object-oriented in nature as currently its
> mostly procedural using objects.

If you are wanting OO, could I suggest looking at Python.  It is a great place
to get one's head around OO concepts, since it does not have the some of the
overhead of Java.

There are a number of tutorials for Python on the next, and at least one free
book (How to Think Like a Computer Scientist: Learning with Python, at
http://www.ibiblio.org/obp/thinkCSpy/).

Cheers,

Rasjid.

--