[prog] FW: Running XP and Linux

Jenn Vesperman jenn at anthill.echidna.id.au
Sun Feb 29 03:35:42 EST 2004

On Sat, 2004-02-28 at 14:51, E. K. Lua wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I just bought a laptop, Pentium IV 2.0 GHz, with 768MB RAM, and 30 GB
> Harddisk.  It was installed with Microsoft XP HOME, and the harddisk is not
> partitioned, so I am unable to install Linux OS.
>
> Please could someone help to advise if I do not wish to erase the current
> Windows XP (since some of the software has been installed and I don't have
> their software CDs),i.e. to keep the current Windows XP, and be able to
> install Linux and perhaps do a Dual Boot.  I understand there's this
> PartitionMagix... Is this good?

PartitionMagic is supposed to be good, yes. I recommend you check the
'newchix' archive, this question has been answered several times there,
in great detail.

I'm referring you to the archive as I don't have the problem, myself. I
just know that there are good answers there. (I tend to use two hard
disks - one for Linux and one for Windows. I also don't use a laptop).

Jenn V.
   My book 'Essential CVS': published by O'Reilly in June 2003.
jenn at anthill.echidna.id.au     http://anthill.echidna.id.au/~jenn/