[prog] tables & mysql

wolf wolf at wolfrising.net
Thu Feb 19 01:09:14 EST 2004

Hi,

I'm trying to set up a table to grant permissions for viewing or
editing a web calendar in
mysql. The table I was thinking of would have user_code, cal_id, &
permissions.
For user_code I used int, same for cal_id, but I'm not sure how I would
set up
permissions, it would follow the same idea as permissions on a file in
linux.  Basically,
I would like the idea to work out that each class has a calendar and
only the instructor
to the class may edit it, but each student in the class would be
allowed to view it.
I'm using phpMyCal for the mysql end, and need to add this extra table.
Any ideas,
suggestions, advice? :-)

Thanks!