[prog] C and curly braces - question of style?

Jimen Ching jching at flex.com
Tue Aug 24 09:42:57 EST 2004

On Tue, 24 Aug 2004, Jenn Vesperman wrote:
>Make life a little easier for my eyes. If I have a really good screen,
>like my trusty LCD, I can usually see just fine. If I'm working for a
>company that buys cheap flickery CRTs, they end up spending money on
>printouts.

I'm not sure if it is necessary to torture your eyes like this, especially
when 17" flat screen CRT's are less than $200.

Flickering CRT's aside, I'm not sure how one performs code review with
hardcopies.  I did this once, and all we did was go through each function
and discuss the code like it was a movie.  I'm not sure if code review
should be performed like a movie review.

How does one verify deadlock?  Memory leaks?  Initialization issues?  Etc,
etc...To validate these problems, you need to look at multiple functions
in multiple files.  I would imagine hardcopies would make it more
difficult to do such reviews.  Or are these not the type of reviews being
done?

--jc
Jimen Ching (WH6BRR)      jching at flex.com     wh6brr at uhm.ampr.org