[prog] sendmail on mac osx with php

Nicki Handy nicki at virtualnicki.com
Tue Sep 23 12:38:28 EST 2003

Hello:

I'm trying to get sendmail working on my mac osx, testing with a php
script, running webstar. I am watching the errors from my webstar console
log as well as what prints to the screen from the php script.

Here are my relevant permissions - I changed the sendmail permissions to
webstar because the web server wasn't talking to it otherwise. (it was
originally root)

-r-sr-xr-x 1 webstar smmsp 588984 Aug 20 09:01 sendmail
drwxrwx--- 53 webstar smmsp 1802 Sep 23 12:17 clientmqueue

Then I changed the clientqueue permissions to webstar b/c sendmail wasn't
talking to it- I got this error: (was originally smmsp)

Sep 23 12:16:43 res sendmail[3059]: NOQUEUE: SYSERR(webstar): can not
chdir(/var/spool/clientmqueue/): Permission denied

Once I changed the two permissions to match, I got this error:

/Users/webstar/dead.letter... Saved message in /Users/webstar/dead.letter
"> <meta name="description" content="Assumption College is a
private,Content-type: text/html X-Powered-By: PHP/4.3.1

And in that file is the piece of mail I am trying to send form the php
page. Anyone know what I need to do next?  It seems that the mail is
atleast created but I can't get it out of the machine.

Thanks in advance if anyone can help!
Nicki

Nicki Handy Web Design
www.nickihandy.com