[prog] APIs for dummies?

Michelle Murrain tech at murrain.net
Wed Sep 17 23:58:44 EST 2003

Now that I have taken care of my CVS woes by a combination of using
varied advice (thanks all!) and a bit of sweat, I have a new question.

Does anyone have a good reference for beginning API programming? I have
a large project (a collection of web applications) that I am currently
refactoring pretty heavily, and I want to create APIs for some other
applications that I've written (and apps to be written by me or others)
to tie into the project neatly, and I want to create some standard APIs,
but I really don't know what the hell I'm doing, since I've never
created APIs before (and, in truth, haven't even used them much,
either).

Any web references, or a good book would be great. Thanks!
--
.Michelle
tech at murrain.net
http://www.murrain.net
ph:413-253-2874
cell:413-222-6350
AIM:pearlbear0 Y!:pearlbear9 ICQ:129250575

"Windows is not ready for the Internet" - comment on security blog