[prog] Ideas for a script

Rachel McConnell rachel at xtreme.com
Thu Oct 23 21:32:04 EST 2003

[...]

> with.   I've already got Postgres up and running for another database,
> but I'm not sure that using Postgres for this wouldn't just
> be overkill, and whether a flat file might be better.  Not

I have always found that the 'overkill' part of using a database is the
setup part, and the learning how to talk to it.  If you've already got
one running, and are familiar with how to access it, I'd say, why not?
It's much cleaner (imho) than mucking around with parsing flat file text
data, even XML formatted text.  Plus SQL is fun!

Rachel