[prog] Ideas for a script

Kathryn Andersen kat_lists at katspace.com
Wed Oct 22 08:41:41 EST 2003

I'm thinking of starting a mailing list which has "dues" in it, and I'd
like to write a (Perl) script(s) to keep track of the individual dates that
people's dues are due, email them reminders, and email me if they are
overdue, so that I can unsubscribe them.  And also have an easy way of
updating the data with (a) new subscribers and (b) updating when people
*did* post their dues, so that the script won't remind them if they've
already posted.  And also keep track of people who have just left, so
that they can't get around the dues requirement by unsubscribing when
they're due and then resubscribing afterwards.
I'd like to have as much of this automated as possible.

Got any ideas as to how I should structure this, any helpful modules and
so on?  Thanks.

Kathryn Andersen