[prog] Ncurses

Jimen Ching jching at flex.com
Tue Mar 4 00:34:46 EST 2003

On Tue, 4 Mar 2003, Sachin wrote:
>But would it be better if we can read terminfo or termcap,and set it
>accordingly.I am learning how to do that and would like to receive
>further inputs from anyone.

Whatever your program is doing with the delete key, I'm sure it would be
simple to change the behavior.  Of course, we have to find out what's
going on first.  ;-)

>What is the guarantee that my program willl not behave differently?

Ncurses uses termcap/terminfo.  So the behavior should be similar.  But
I'm not sure if doing termcap/terminfo handling directly is worth the
trouble.  Curses is supposed to hide all that.

>Esc key is the one used to quit.I'll send the program in my next mail.

This may be the problem.  If the delete key generates an escape sequence,
then your application will treat it as an exit command.  Just for testing,
try changing the exit key to something else besides ESC.

--jc
Jimen Ching (WH6BRR)      jching at flex.com     wh6brr at uhm.ampr.org