[prog] Windows question

Jimen Ching jching at flex.com
Mon Jun 30 14:51:42 EST 2003

Hi all,

Is this a Linux only mailing list?  I have a question about Windows
programming, and was wondering if someone here might be able to help.

I was refered to an API called timeBeginPeriod which increases the
resolution for the timer services.  But I was told that this function
could also increase performance for certain Windows operations, i.e.
networking.  I was wondering if that's possible.  Or is timeBeginPeriod an
API that only controls the multimedia timers?  MSDN mentions it changes
the resolution for device drivers also.  But it's unclear to me what
Windows mean by 'device drivers'.

If this is an off topic question for this list, please ignore.

Thanks.

--jc
Jimen Ching (WH6BRR)      jching at flex.com     wh6brr at uhm.ampr.org