[prog] perl woes...

Wolfgang Petzold petzold at villa-chaos.de
Mon Jun 2 13:39:02 EST 2003

Hi Patricia!

Last comment on that subject... ;-)

> So, I use HTML::Template, which gives me two extras: one is the ability
> to separate the perl code from the HTML [...]

...and I see that this is an advantage we don't have to argue about. If I
only had known about HTML::Template earlier, the CGI scripts of mine would
be so much more readable... sigh!

I have read in the HTML::Template manpage a bit, and I am still convinced
that implementing your original idea is possible. Those TMPL_* tags should
suffice. Anyway, you have found a way of not needing any JavaScript, and
that is a goal I have for myself, too -- because I don't get any fun from
having to think about different programming for different browsers and the
like. But that's already quite another issue, isn't it?

Never mind,
Wolfgang