[prog] perl woes...

Patricia Fraser trish at thefrasers.org
Sun Jun 1 12:43:07 EST 2003

Jacinta,

I can't believe how nice people have been to spend *any* of their
weekend on my messy questions, let alone the great explanations I've
received. Thank you!

> Sounds good.  You may find our course notes at
> http://www.perltraining.com.au/notes.html of some use in this work.
> Feel free to download and read and share with your friends.  Feedback
> would be very much appreciated.

Thanks so much - I have already done that, and am now trying to fill
gaps in my understanding. I guess learning Perl ouwards-from-the-middle
is not really the way to build the best basic understanding - all I
hope is it doesn't turn me into a pest!

Many thanks to you and to Elizabeth for clearing up the dereferencing
thing - I now have Stage 1 working and (more to the point) I understand
what it's *doing*! And thanks also for the code examples; I really
appreciate seeing the many different ways to do things. (Perl is
*nice*).

> Either learn Javascript, or redesign your page, are the only two ways
> I've solved this in the last 6 years of trying.

Yes. After Wolfgang's heads-up yesterday, I've gone hunting, and think
I might be on the track of something - but it will probably come down
to the redesign, because of data security as you say.

Thanks again, everyone!

8-)

--
Trish Fraser, Sunbury, Australia