[prog] Re: [Techtalk] How to write web proxy in Python?

Andrea Landaker andrea at icecavern.net
Thu Jan 9 18:41:06 EST 2003

> I don't know Ruby at all, so someone bilingual (*grin*) in either Perl
> and Ruby or Python and Ruby, might want to do a comparison.

I haven't used Ruby a lot, but every time I've wanted to write something in
Ruby, it has been very intuitive and compact.  It is similar to Python in
terms of target usage and audience, but has a different architecture.
Although I've written more scripts in Perl than in Ruby, I find it much, much
easier to read Ruby code.  It's definitely worth taking a look at --
http://www.rubycentral.com/ is a good starting place.

--
Andrea Landaker
andrea at icecavern.net