[prog] State of software engineering profession

Jenn Vesperman jenn at anthill.echidna.id.au
Sun Apr 13 19:50:46 EST 2003

On Sun, 2003-04-13 at 18:42, Mary wrote:

> I think part of the problem is that although you've talked about the
> poor standards and general blinkered view of the software industry, and
> implied that you in particular do not share these views and therefore
> rise far above the common or garden variety software engineer, that you
> have not sufficiently proven your status.

Another part of the problem is that you (Jimen, not Mary) seem to be
making assumptions about what other people think. As it happens, noone I
know thinks the way you claim we do. (or at least, not to the best of my
knowledge.)

Jenn V.
   My book 'Essential CVS': published by O'Reilly in June 2003.
jenn at anthill.echidna.id.au     http://anthill.echidna.id.au/~jenn/