[prog] C++ - linked list and segmentation fault

Jennifer Davis davi0302 at algonquinc.on.ca
Tue Apr 8 14:04:01 EST 2003

Kathryn & Robert

I appreciate the help. I think I wasn't clear.  I really don't want the
answer as inevitably, this will be on my final exam.  If someone else does
my asignment for me, then I learn nothing and will not be prepared.  I
like having a GPA of 4.0 and would like to maintain it.  That being said.
I am having so much trouble getting my head around pointers in general
and linked lists in particular.

Since I returned to college, I have found things to be incredibly easy.
This for some reason isn't.  I think maybe it's because I never did
pointers on my Commodore 64 in MS Basic.

I am using two compilers.  I am using GCC 3.2 on Slackware 9.0 and
Bloodshed's Dev-C++ 5.0 beta   I tend to do my work on my Slack machine &
recompile for DOS when I submit an assignment to the instructor.  I am
glad that for iostream & fstream, it's just the .h in the
preprocessor directives that are deprecated.

Again,

Thanks...

Jenn