[prog] GhostScript

Sue Stones suzo at bigpond.net.au
Tue Apr 8 14:08:08 EST 2003

I am trying to learn how to use postscript - a fairly slow process, since I
don't have much info on it.  I have discovered "print" for printing strings
doens't work, at least with GhostView.  But using "show" does.

Over the last week I used KGostView then discovered that GostView was more
usefull because error messages were displayed (albeit hard to read and
understand), and the image can be refreshed which sometimes happens
automatically, but can also be done at the press of a button.

I have just discovered that gostscript can be run from the comand line using
"gs".  But the tutorial that I found on the web suggests that this comand
opens a second window which displays the results of the postscript comands.
This doesn't happen on my system (Mandrake 9).

Does anyone know if it is really supposed to open annother window, and is
there something else that I should know in order to use it.

sue