[prog] [Bash] script question

Shuying shuyingw at cse.unsw.EDU.AU
Mon Sep 30 09:37:51 EST 2002

Hiya,

On Sun, 29 Sep 2002, Terri Oda wrote:
> As others have mentioned, this should probably be something along the lines
> of 'for file in $maildir/*'

Yep. That was the problem with my script. Thanks for all the suggestions.

> The only other thing I see, offhand, is that if you keep moving these files
> like this, you'll end up with filenames like
> 	mail-Aug-2002-Sep-2002-Oct-2002
> after you've run this in consecutive months.

That wouldn't be a problem I think. What I'm trying to do is the rename
each file at the end of each month(with the help of cron), tar bzip them up
and move the bzipped file to another machine. I'm now trying to work out
how to use ssh-agent so that it'll ship off the tarred file automatically.

cheers,
Shuying