[prog] Perl *nix

Bidea Cristian phaser_programmer at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 29 01:28:18 EST 2002

I know how to execute commands from C programs (but Perl has a similar sintax, maybe can do the same). OK! In C I use the function system("*nix command"); and that's all, C does the rest.
NOTE! I used this only on Linux (I don't know if this work on windows too).
 "kansas_kennedy at phreaker.net" <kansas_kennedy at phreaker.net> wrote:Thanks for the help on 'the sleeping program'. It surely helped. And I am too
lazy to use 'use strict'. Damn!!!

Anyhow, I want to execute *nix commands through Perl programs. For instance,
ls, netstat etc. Like, ls something if found this then cp it to somewhere
etc. etc.

But I really haven't come accross tutorials as such anywhere so far. Would
anyone like to discuss a bit on this? Jacinta?

Regards, Kenny.