[prog] Re: [Techtalk] GDB and C question

Brian J. Smith-Sweeney bsweeney at physics.ucsb.edu
Wed Oct 23 20:05:25 EST 2002

--On Wednesday, October 23, 2002 05:34:44 PM +1000 Mary
<mary-linuxchix at puzzling.org> wrote:

> Hi Brian,
>
> LinuxChix has a programming list now, so I'm passing your techtalk
> message onto them.
>
> Programmers, Cc Brian if you reply, as he may well not be subscribed.

Thanks Mary for forwarding my request on, and thanks to all those who
responded!  Your advice was quite helpful.  It turns out the file pointer
itself was getting clobbered by data written past the end of an array,
hence the problem.  After stepping (slowly but surely) through the various
function calls, I narrowed it down and have adjusted the size of the array
in question.  All is now well.

Thanks again; if nothing else, this excersise taught me quite a bit about
gdb =)

-Brian