[prog] School problem, C++ and cout.precision(2);

Robert J. Hansen cortana at earthlink.net
Sat Nov 23 19:21:49 EST 2002

> I can certainly see times when straight C is more appropriate, and I

When?  C++ incorporates almost all of ISO C90; almost without exception,
every well-written C program is a valid C++ program.  Bjarne Stroustrup
recommends K&R's "The C Programming Language" as being full of examples
of well-written C++.

Given that whenever you'd need C-like abilities, you've got them right
there in the language, I don't see any reason to ever use C.

But then again, I'm a language zealot.  :)