[prog] Sample implementations of UNIX utilities.

Jeannette jcv at hise.org
Mon Dec 23 10:11:21 EST 2002

What about Andrew Tanenbaum's Minix? I remember when we used that in
class, you could move around, so ls and cd must have been implemented...
and it was written to teach OS concepts to students, so the OS source
code, at least, is well commented.
Here is the book I used: Operating Systems: Design and Implementation
(Second Edition) ISBN: 0-13-638677-6

Not a definitive answer, but hoping it might give you a useful pointer,

Jeannette