[Philly-chix] DC Chix @ Balitmore Aquarium on April 1st & PhillyChix.org

Elizabeth Bevilacqua lyz at princessleia.com
Thu May 3 21:48:36 UTC 2007

On Sun, Mar 18, 2007 at 04:43:49PM -0400, Elizabeth Bevilacqua wrote:
> I'm pleased to announce that I've been coordinating with the DC Chix to
> arrange another meetup!

Even though it took me a while to say so, the meetup was a success :) I
had a fantastic time.

I put up a photo here:

http://www.phillychix.org/meetings/040107.php

And I also wanted to mention that I was recently contacted in my
capacity as an admin for the Ubuntu-Women project about a possible
workshop for installing Ubuntu with a local group for girls, coordinated
by the PA Ubuntu LoCo Team (meetlinux.com).

I don't have details yet (including confirmation that it's happening!),
but I'll be sure to post them to the list as soon as I do.

If it does work out it would be some nice press for the group, as the
people involved are looking to have pictures taken and submitted to some
local papers.

Cheers,

Lyz/pleia2

--
Elizabeth Bevilacqua // Lyz at PrincessLeia.com
http://www.princessleia.com