[Jobposts] Job posting: Sysadmin / DevOps Administrator (Part-Time) at Open Tech Strategies

Jim McGowan jim.mcgowan at hey.com
Wed May 26 20:30:21 UTC 2021

Position: Sysadmin / DevOps Administrator (Part-Time)

Company: Open Tech Strategies

Geographical location: Remote (within 3 hours of Eastern/Central time
zones)

Name of the person posting the ad: Jim McGowan
(jobs at opentechstrategies.com)

Open Tech Strategies, a provider of expert advice and services to help
organizations use the advantages of open source to reach their goals, is
currently seeking a part-time Development Operations and Systems
Administrator to:

 *  Maintain a variety of servers and systems on free and open source
    platforms, primarily Debian GNU/Linux.
 *  Configure and maintain FOSS communications tools used by OTS and its
    clients and partners.
 *  Manage backups for a diverse set of systems including both OTS-built
    software and 3rd-party open source software.
 *  Help design and set up development environments, testing systems,
    and continuous integration services for our open source projects.
 *  Engage directly with OTS clients when needed. (While this role is
    not primarily a client-facing role, we expect it to involve direct
    interaction with clients from time to time. Please note that some of
    our clients use proprietary communications tools, e.g., Zoom, Google
    Docs, Slack, etc, and therefore applicants need to be willing to use
    such tools when interacting with those clients.)

We anticipate this work to be about 15-20 hours per week. The exact
amount may vary based on skills, experience, and your own availability.

While this position is remote, applicants must be within 3 hours of
either the U.S. Central or U.S. Eastern time zones, as this work
involves real-time communications across the OTS team. We negotiate
rates based on experience and skills. We value having a diverse team and
strongly encourage members of groups that are underrepresented in
software technology to apply.

OTS is committed to open source philosophically and as a business
strategy. We work in public repositories using open source tools. If you
have a visible open source profile — accounts on major open source
project hosting sites, a trail of participation in some open source
projects, etc. — please mention it when submitting your qualifications.

If you are interested in this position, please email a cover letter,
your CV or résumé, and any additional qualifications to jobs {_AT_}
opentechstrategies.com.

Jim McGowan
jim.mcgowan at hey.com
312-918-6290