[Jobposts] Job vacancy: IT Compliance and Assurance Coordinator, DIT - UMD
Elena E. Franzoi
efranzoi at umd.edu
Mon Mar 25 19:28:10 UTC 2019
Will you please, assist with disseminating the position below?
1.Which country are you in? USA
2. Will you take international applicants? Yes
3. Do folks need pre-existing work visas for your country? Yes. UMD will
not sponsor a work visa.
4. Is a relocation allowance part of the salary package? No
5. Can we telecommute? Not before 1 full year.
*Position Title:* *IT Compliance and Assurance Coordinator *
*Position #: 120561*
The IT Compliance and Assurance Coordinator works in the Security unit
within the Division of Information Technology (DIT) at the University of
Maryland, College Park. This position is responsible for managing and
executing programs that will assess departmental compliance with
university, state, and federal IT regulations. This position will also
perform risk assessments of campus departments and provide support as a
liaison between campus IT groups and external auditors.
*Minimum Qualifications: *
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university, or an
equivalent combination of education and experience within IT compliance
1-3 years’ experience coordinating or auditing IT compliance activities in
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Effective written and verbal communications skills.
- Ability to instruct, direct, assist, guide, and share information with
both technical and non-technical personnel.
- Effective problem solving skills.
- Excellent customer services skills.
- Demonstrated ability to be self-motivated, highly responsible, require
limited supervision, work concurrently on multiple projects, adjust to
occasional changes in priorities, and respond quickly and effectively in
- One to three years of higher education experience coordinating or
auditing IT compliance activities.
- Three years of experience working in a diverse IT environment.
- Holding a certification in CISA, CIA or SANS a plus.
*Additional information: *this position does not provide sponsorship for
*Physical demands:* General office work. May occasionally need to lift
file boxes or other office equipment, weighing upwards of 25 lbs. This
position requires the ability to lift computer equipment, occasionally
travel across campus to different locations.
*Best consideration date: 04/12/2019 or open until filled.*
*Please, apply at: **https://ejobs.umd.edu/postings/68195
*Elena Franzoi, M.S.*
(Pronouns: She | Her | Hers)
Business Office Coordinator
5801 University Research Court
College Park, MD 20740
301.405.4912 | 301.314.9100 (fax)
More information about the Jobposts