[Jobposts] Senior Front-End Developer, E-commerce

Rollie Minton rollie.minton at warbyparker.com
Mon Apr 22 20:45:32 UTC 2019

Warby Parker is searching for a thoughtful, well-rounded Senior Front-End
Developer to join our 60+ person in-house Engineering team, focusing on
growing business by building a best-in-class e-commerce experience. In this
role, you’ll dive deep into our component-based front-end architecture,
whether you’re launching A/B tests to optimize user experience and increase
conversion, or developing the foundations for brand-new parts of our
business. Want to be a key member of a super-collaborative team that’s big
on continuous improvement? Read on!

*What you’ll do:*

   - Work closely within a cross-functional team of designers, product
   managers, and analysts to develop high-quality technical solutions to
   customer and business problems
   - Develop new and existing software systems to the highest technical,
   quality, and accountability standards, all while considering secondary
   concerns like security, performance, maintainability, adaptability, and
   simplicity
   - Use and promote successful software management and technical workflow
   practices that shorten feedback loops between the Tech team and others
   - Serve as a technical gatekeeper to advocate for user experience and
   empathetic design
   - Discover ways to validate and measure the impact your work has on
   customers

*Who you are:*

   - Equipped with 4 or more years of experience building complex
   consumer-facing front-end applications
   - Familiar with using one or more modern client-side frameworks (e.g.,
   React, Vue, Angular, Ember) in a professional setting
   - Backed by a wealth of experience to draw from when building and
   deploying performance web applications at scale
   - Passionate about what makes a great user experience and knowledgeable
   about the technical specifics it takes to build one
   - A clear, friendly, and open-minded communicator
   - Eager to be involved in all stages of the product development
   lifecycle, from concept through deployment
   - Successful in an agile work environment, breaking down large pieces of
   work to deliver value incrementally

*Extra credit:*

   - Expertise in one or more of our core technologies: React, Python,
   Node, Webpack, TypeScript
   - Experience mentoring and/or managing other engineers
   - Experience in A/B testing and personalization, and the underlying
   infrastructure that supports them

*Please apply here:*
https://grnh.se/af440b321

*About Warby Parker:*

Warby Parker was founded in 2010 with a lofty objective: to offer designer
eyewear at a revolutionary price while leading the way for socially
conscious businesses. By circumventing traditional channels and designing
our frames in house, we’re able to offer insanely high-quality eyewear at
decidedly non-insane prices (i.e., from $95 with prescription lenses—a
fraction of the going price!).

In the last eight years, we’ve grown to over 60 retail locations in the
U.S. and Canada, opened our first optical lab in upstate New York, and
launched two of our own iOS apps. And for three years running, Fast Company
has named us one of the world’s most innovative companies.

We also hold ourselves to the highest standards of social and environmental
responsibility. This means lots of different things, like operating
carbon-neutrally and distributing a pair of glasses to someone in need for
every pair we sell. (We’re big believers that businesses can scale and be
profitable while doing good in the world.)

Of course, all work and no play makes an extremely dull office, and no one
likes an extremely dull office. (We sure don’t.) As an employee at Warby
Parker, you can look forward to company outings, guest speakers,
volunteering opportunities, and other brain- (and/or taste-bud-)
stimulating activities. It also doesn’t hurt that our team is just great
company.

*Some benefits and perks of working at Warby Parker:*

   - Health, vision, and dental insurance
   - Flexible “My Time” vacation policy
   - Retirement savings plan with a company match
   - Parental leave (non-birthing parents included)
   - Cell phone plan reimbursement
   - A health-and-wellness stipend
   - Free eyewear (plus discounts for friends and family)
   - And more (just ask!)

Rollie Minton
WARBY PARKER
<https://www.warbyparker.com/?utm_source=employee&utm_medium=email&utm_content=signature&utm_campaign=signature&cvosrc=email.employee.signature>