[Jobposts] Assistant Professor of Practice Positions in Software Engineering and Data Science at the University of Nebraska–Lincoln

Brady Garvin bgarvin at cse.unl.edu
Mon Dec 31 22:47:57 UTC 2018

Hello,

At the Department of Computer Science and Engineering at the University of
Nebraska–Lincoln, we are currently conducting a search for two Assistant
Professors of Practice, one in software engineering and one in data science.
The software engineering professor will primarily help with the department's
exciting new SE major, which boasts a unique SE-first curriculum that starts
incorporating SE topics even before students begin programming, while the data
science professor will support a new strategic focus on informatics, teaching
undergraduate courses on topics like algorithms, data modeling, data analytics,
applied machine learning, applied computing, etc.  Both positions require a
Ph.D., and the SE position requires prior teaching experience.

More detailed information is available in the official job announcements at
http://employment.unl.edu/postings/61567 (for the position in software
engineering) and http://employment.unl.edu/postings/61925 (for the position in
data science), but also feel free to contact me directly with questions.

Thanks!
Brady Garvin

----
Brady J. Garvin, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of Practice in Software Engineering
University of Nebraska–Lincoln
Lincoln, NE, USA