[Jobposts] Database Engineer - MySQL at MailChimp

Ron D trueabilityjobs at gmail.com
Mon May 11 15:40:29 UTC 2015

*Title: **Database Engineer - MySQL*
*Location: Atlanta, GA*

Please visit following Link to Take a shortcut to MailChimp recruiter's
inbox and take an Online Technical Interview On a Live Server NOW!
http://bit.ly/1Pe0gHV

MailChimp is seeking a database-focused infrastructure engineer to join our
team. You’ll help build, maintain, and monitor systems that support
millions of users across all products and applications at the company. We
operate in a high volume environment (>300k qps) and are growing rapidly,
adding 10000+ new accounts/day with that rate increasing every week, year
over year. On the infrastructure side we do interesting work to support
that scale and growth rate, working closely with developers to build and
support our applications.

Applicants should have strong Linux experience, operational MySQL
experience, independent troubleshooting skills, and a love for automation
and monitoring. Our core persistence layer consists of hundreds of
horizontally sharded and paired Percona instances. We are seeking an
experienced engineer who would be part of the core infrastructure team with
a focus on maintaining and improving this crucial MySQL layer in addition
to contributing to the systems that feed off of it (emailgenome.org,
Elasticsearch, Postgres, Redis). We take a pragmatic and practical approach
to our stacks using proven components while building our own logic and
complexity on top of well understood building blocks. This is a large, well
built setup with consistent hardware, configs, monitoring, backups, and
tuning in place.

With Regards,
Ron D