[Jobposts] Site Reliability Engineer at DigitalOcean (REMOTE JOB)

Ron D trueabilityjobs at gmail.com
Tue Mar 3 18:22:51 UTC 2015

*Title: *
*Site Reliability EngineerLocation: REMOTE POSITION*

Please visit following Link to Take a shortcut to DigitalOcean recruiter's
inbox and take an Online Technical Interview On a Live Server NOW!
http://bit.ly/1ACXb6r

DigitalOcean’s software engineers develop next generation cloud
infrastructure technology that will change how millions of developers
build, deploy and scale web applications. Our mission is to simplify cloud
infrastructure; this requires knowledge in many different fields, from
distributed systems, virtualization, software defined networking, storage
at scale, real-time data processing, and user interface design. You will
work on a small project team and own product delivery from concept to
production. We do not limit engineers to a specific product domain, this
allows you to switch teams or projects on an ongoing basis, growing your
skills and knowledge.

As a site reliability engineer, you’ll build and run large scale, massively
distributed, fault-tolerant software systems and infrastructure. You’ll
build automation to make DigitalOcean’s service fast, reliable, and
flexible for hundreds of thousands of users. SRE’s are engineers by nature
that have a passion for systems, network engineering and software
development. This is an unique opportunity, as you’ll not be able to work
at any other company with the same relative scale (number of servers per
software engineer) as DigitalOcean. You’ll be responsible for
revenue-critical systems, latency, performance, capacity and incident
response. Our mission is to define the next generation of cloud services to
make developers’ lives easier.

*What You'll Be Doing:*
• Architect, build, deliver and automate software to improve reliability,
scalability, availability and overall performance of DigitalOcean’s cloud
• Design and implement monitoring for all infrastructure and services to
identify failure and automate resolution on an ongoing basis
• Work closely with software engineers to influence, design, and architect
cloud infrastructure services
• Track, monitor and visualize service capacity to assist with planning and
forecasting of capacity
• Review and iterate architecture to ensure scale along with our incredible
growth
• Design, build and deploy new features for our next generation cloud
platform
• Give back to the community by contributing to open source projects we use
• Work closely with product, front-end and back-end developers
• Manage your own time and focus on the continuous delivery of projects

*What We Expect You To Know:*
• Expertise with one of the following languages (Ruby, Python, Go, C/C++,
Java)
• Deep understanding and knowledge of virtualization (libvirt, KVM)
• Deep understanding of Linux (kernel, processes, tracing, monitoring)
• Deep networking knowledge of the IP stack, bonus for SDN
• Understanding of UNIX storage subsystems
• Familiarity with Distributed Systems programming
• Experience with configuration automation and monitoring services

*Minimum Qualifications:*
• Computer Science degree or cumulative relevant experience
• 3+ Years of experience in a similar role
• Local to NY or willingness to travel

*Working at DigitalOcean:*
• DigitalOcean pays 100% of the premium for health, dental and vision and
50% of the premium for dependents
• Competitive compensation including a 401k with up to 4% employer match
• Stock options
• Corporate Seamless account to keep your hunger at bay
• Monthly commuter expense and gym membership allowance
• Great office space located in the heart of SoHo

With Regards,
Ron D