[Jobposts] Linux Technical Support at Linode

Ron D trueabilityjobs at gmail.com
Sat Mar 7 09:52:37 UTC 2015

*Title: **Linux Technical Support*
*Location: **Galloway, NJ*

Please visit following Link to Take a shortcut to Linode recruiter's inbox
and take an Online Technical Interview On a Live Server NOW!
http://bit.ly/1wd9onh

Linux Technical Support
Location: Galloway, NJ
Type: Full Time Min. Experience: Mid Level

We love technology and helping our customers — we get excited about
computers and we love programming. We live to solve problems, code
software, and make cool stuff happen. And, we love to share our creations
with others.This has been our philosophy since Linode was launched in June
of 2003 by founder Christopher S. Aker. Initial development took about 6
months. Linode was ahead of its time and helped define the cloud hosting
industry, and continues to be a leader in virtualization hosting.

Now, we want the right people on our team, who have both the aptitude and
attitude necessary to succeed in the unique culture that we’ve developed
over the last 10 years. Fitting into our culture is just as important as
holding the skills for the job. We’re looking for a solid employer-
employee relationship. Our interview process may seem extensive, but we’re
making sure you’re a good fit for us while you make sure we’re a good fit
for you!

We’ve invested heavily in being the kind of company that can set the bar
for the cloud hosting industry: both through infrastructure and employing
the right personnel. We have the best customer service out there and we’re
passionate about making it even better. Our development, ops, hardware,
marketing, documentation, and management teams are all part of making
Linode everything it can be. This industry moves fast, but we’re committed
to hiring the kind of people who can stay a step ahead and keep us - and
themselves - at the top.

We are currently looking for technical support staff to keep up with our
ever-growing customer base and offerings. Candidate must have the intuition
to accurately identify and anticipate a customer's needs. As a rapidly
growing company, we're always adding new features and services which means
plenty of opportunities to develop and grow professionally.

*Work With Us*
• Great work/life balance: We know time off is important, so we start you
with a very generous paid time off package!
• Unbelievable benefits: We provide comprehensive health insurance, 401(k)
contributions, a profit- sharing program, and pension plans!
• Monthly wellness reimbursements: up to $100 towards gym memberships, diet
plans, massages, etc.
• A Macbook Pro: to use around the office and at home
• Free hosting service: Take advantage of some Linode service - we’ll pick
up the tab!
• Linode Lunch: What goes better with technology than food? Nothing.  We’ll
bring in a catered lunch every week.
• Competitive salary: It all begins with fair compensation. We believe in
paying people well and rewarding those who go the extra mile.

*Primary Responsibilities*
• Interact with Linode customers via support tickets, e-mail, IRC, and
phone.
• Troubleshoot customer issues and provide accurate and timely responses.
• Identify and escalate recurring issues to system developers.
• Interact with worldwide datacenter NOCs.
• Handle abuse complaints.

*Additional Responsibilities*
• Write or test Linode Library articles.
• Quality assurance testing for new Linode features.
• Build and burn-in hardware and network infrastructure.

*Requirements*
• Must be willing to relocate to within commuting distance of Galloway, NJ.
• Comfortable with the Linux command line
• Familiarity with common Linux server applications such as Apache2, Nginx,
Postfix, MySQL, BIND, etc.
• Ability to identify and troubleshoot TCP/IP issues, other networking
issues (packet loss, connections timing out / refused).
• Ability to troubleshoot firewall issues, identifying problematic /
misconfigured iptables rules.
• Ability to troubleshoot DNS issues (using dig, etc).

*Preferred Qualifications*
• B.S. in Computer Science or related area of study or equivalent work
experience.
• Linux System Administration experience.
• Network+ or higher certification.
• Familiarity with Linux kernel.
• Experience scripting in Perl, Python, Bash, etc. for system automation
and/or database transactions.
• Experience with website development and web development frameworks.

Disclosure *Job listed via the TrueAbility Aggregator.  After applying for
this position, your results will be submitted to Linode.

With Regards,
Ron D